Candy Corn JelloL
Prepare a flexible silicon pyramid mold by spraying lightly with PAM cooking spray, or wiping each mold cavity with a little vegetable oil. Follow by wiping each mold cavity with a clean paper towel. This method will leave the slightest reside which will aid in un-molding the gelatin without affecting the taste or appearance of your gelatin.
Place the mold on a stable, movable flat surface, such as a cookie sheet or cooling rack (make sure it fits into your refrigerator).
Prepare milk layer.
1 cup water
2 envelopes Knox gelatin
1/2 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz can)
Pour water in a small saucepan, and sprinkle with the gelatin. Allow to soak for a minute or two. Heat over low heat until gelatin is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the sweetened condensed milk.
Transfer the mixture to a microwave safe bowl. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon of the condensed milk mixture into each mold cavity. Place the mold in the refrigerator and chill until fully set, about 30 minutes. Make sure you over the bowl with the remaining milk mixture with cellophane. Wrap a towel around the bowl to further conserve heat.
Prepare the orange layer
1 cup water
1 envelope Knox gelatin
1 box orange flavored gelatin dessert mix
Pour water in a small saucepan, and sprinkle with the Knox gelatin. Allow to soak for a minute or two. Heat over low heat until gelatin is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Add the orange gelatin dessert mix and stir until fully dissolved.
Spoon about a tablespoon of the orange gelatin mixture into each mold cavity, over the chilled white layer. Return the mold to the refrigerator and chill until fully set, about 40 minutes.
When the orange layer is fully set, unwrap your bowl containing the milk gelatin mixture, and stir in a few drops of yellow food coloring. If the mixture is clumpy, microwave it for 15-20 seconds (make sure it doesn’t get too hot, or it will melt the set gelatin).
Spoon in a teaspoon or two of the yellow milk gelatin mixture into the mold cavities. You can fill to the top. Refrigerate until fully set. These little beauties can be made a day in advance.
To serve, unmold.
(via feytaline)Source: 365daysofhalloween
- volgrim-von-kriest likes this
- funkadelicsoul reblogged this from rubyshimmer
- jshamariw likes this
- rubyshimmer reblogged this from amanatsumikan
- rubyshimmer likes this
- amanatsumikan reblogged this from d0rkyg1rl
- delinquentparent likes this
- becoming--brina likes this
- tracingben likes this
- sallydoodle reblogged this from becoming--brina and added:
- becoming--brina reblogged this from becoming--brina and added:
- eriedoodle likes this
- cheapbrain reblogged this from 365daysofhalloween
- lucinedreams likes this
- mandaplz reblogged this from feytaline
- fuzzylittledreamer likes this
- ragedelakage reblogged this from d0rkyg1rl
- d0rkyg1rl reblogged this from venividivero
- recipesforfood reblogged this from 365daysofhalloween
- jynxierose reblogged this from becoming--brina and added:
- gothicfeverdream likes this
- banannanut reblogged this from 365daysofhalloween
- amastuki likes this
- professahwang reblogged this from jelly-filled-zombies
- damittjanet likes this
- summerdeer likes this
- oct62 likes this
- kenshiro28 likes this
- zeralas reblogged this from 365daysofhalloween
- zeralas likes this
- egabriells likes this
- fablexdreamsxfiction likes this
- todolightinginneverland likes this
- thewesterlands reblogged this from 365daysofhalloween
- jasmineleilani likes this
- antique-soul likes this
- justanothermonstrosity likes this
- flowrpetal likes this
- onlythebestdawg likes this
- vanillacherries reblogged this from 365daysofhalloween
- vanillacherries likes this
- cuchinta likes this
- mandaplz likes this
- muirinn likes this
- doemay likes this
- purplecupcakes14 reblogged this from bubble-butt
- ahoycaptainsteve likes this
- bubble-butt reblogged this from washingtub
- washingtub reblogged this from moosicpowah and added:
- air-en-grigs-bee likes this